Pukalani Elementary School Compact
I want my child to achieve, and I will encourage him/her by doing the following:
- See that my child attends school regularly and on-time.
- Support the school in its discipline plan.
- Establish a schedule and provide a quiet/well lit place for study.
- Review and sign my child’s student planner/homework folder daily for completion and accuracy.
- Provide/replace school supplies as needed (pencils, paper, glue, crayons, etc.)
It is important that I do my best, and I will do the following:
- Attend school on time with a positive attitude about learning.
- Be alert and ready to work and learn with pencils, paper, and school supplies.
- Complete daily homework.
- Return all assignments on time.
- Follow classroom and school rules.
- Complete all assignments to the best of my ability.
- Understand and follow the Seven Habits.
It is important that students achieve, and I will do the following:
- Provide standards-based instruction that accommodates the needs of all students.
- Use a variety of activities to make learning meaningful.
- Use appropriate teaching strategies and materials for different learning styles.
- Provide a positive classroom environment.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Provide homework and answer questions about assignments.
- Report student progress and provide timely feedback to parents.
- Understand and “live” the Seven Habits.
I support Pukalani’s Compact, and I will do the following:
- Provide a supportive environment that allows for communication between student, parent, and teacher.
- Ensure that teachers provide classroom instruction that is standards-based and that accommodates the needs of all students.
- Provide a safe environment for everyone to work, learn, and play.
- Understand and “live” the Seven Habits